Ordered a "rebuilt" carb from Chuck Rosa at carburetors and more.It arrived damaged and was apparently rebuilt albeit with a some parts that should have been replaced.
Rounded off bolts and screws etc. His website claims that he powdercoats and anodizes his parts during his rebuild which is totally untrue. The float bowls as well as the main body were spraypainted and the paint could be scratched off with a fingernail. No joke.
I would have dealt with all this because it was cosmetic really, but the kicker is that the carb arrived damaged due to very poor packaging. The primary vent tube was completly smashed and the choke plate was immovable. When I contacted Chuck to explain the damage and also sent photos of the carb as well as the box, he told me to fix it myself with a pair of PLIERS, and dykes. Yep..
Just the way Holley designed it. When I asked him if I could ship it back to him so he could do this supposed "repair", his response was essentially: " The avaerage buyer doesnt even notice this kind of thing on our carbs and if you are this picky, send the carb back for a refund." At my expense of course. I originally chose his service over a factory Holley remanufactured carb mainly because I strongly believe in supporting small businesses. It was basically the same price as a factory reman carb and I ultimatly bought one from Holley.
Same price as Chucks spraypainted garabage.Never again.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Carburetor Rebuilding Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "Aamco Transmission Complaint 2-20-16 I changed my truck transmission filter & fluids and found a piece of metal at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I was not sure what the..."
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY THEIR GARBAGE!! This is is horrible fake, lying, sham of a company!! They steal copyrighted photos of other designer's clothing that is not theirs..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."
- "Update... About 4 hours after I sent an email expressing my disgust to the company AND after leaving this posting, I received a call from the vendor (Sam - Samantha)..."