Ordered a "rebuilt" carb from Chuck Rosa at carburetors and more.It arrived damaged and was apparently rebuilt albeit with a some parts that should have been replaced.
Rounded off bolts and screws etc. His website claims that he powdercoats and anodizes his parts during his rebuild which is totally untrue. The float bowls as well as the main body were spraypainted and the paint could be scratched off with a fingernail. No joke.
I would have dealt with all this because it was cosmetic really, but the kicker is that the carb arrived damaged due to very poor packaging. The primary vent tube was completly smashed and the choke plate was immovable. When I contacted Chuck to explain the damage and also sent photos of the carb as well as the box, he told me to fix it myself with a pair of PLIERS, and dykes. Yep..
Just the way Holley designed it. When I asked him if I could ship it back to him so he could do this supposed "repair", his response was essentially: " The avaerage buyer doesnt even notice this kind of thing on our carbs and if you are this picky, send the carb back for a refund." At my expense of course. I originally chose his service over a factory Holley remanufactured carb mainly because I strongly believe in supporting small businesses. It was basically the same price as a factory reman carb and I ultimatly bought one from Holley.
Same price as Chucks spraypainted garabage.Never again.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Carburetor Rebuilding Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I took my car to Midas on Saturday for an oil change and was told my trans coolant line had a leak and Philip asked me if I wanted them..."
- "On Friday, May 10, 2013, I was driving in Suffolk, VA with one passenger in my vehicle. All of a sudden, my tire pressure sensor came on and my vehicle..."
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "TRUE FACTS: Since the beginning Origami Owl Fraudulently has sued and harassed companies/people in the USA and outside of the USA. These poor people could have had a fight if they..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."